Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fight Fire with...Sunscreen?


With all this heat and sunlight (which is accompanied by vicious UV rays), you NEED to protect that beautiful skin of yours. So how do you do this "protection" thing, you ask? Simply follow the following (hehe) section from that big collection of skincare tips in my head: The Million "Derma"ndments. (not quite sure if there's exactly 1,000,000 of 'em, but you get the picture)

Here we go:
1. Wear actual sunscreen. Not that stupid tanning oil stuff (I don't care how pale you are on the scale of "CALIFORNIA BABY" to "Kristen Stewart"--none of that is worth getting cancer over). Make sure it's at least 30 SPF please!
2. Try to downplay the makeup a little bit. The more you wear while you sweat, the more your pores get clogged up. At the very least, make sure your eye makeup is waterproof--but try to stay away from foundations and the like (this is a good tip for sports players too).
3. Gotta love that exfoliator of yours--and you'll love it even more during the hot summer months. Once again, the more you sweat, the more your pores clog up, and the more pimples you get. Declog (not a word) your pores for a smooth, clean surface!
4. RETAIN THAT MOISTURE, GIRL. You lose water more during the dog days of that season that gets really hot ( ;} ), so give back to your skin. My fave facial moisturizer is Positively Radiant SPF 30 from Aveeno. I can't even explain how soft and greaseless my face feels after I use it.... 

 5. After a hard day's work, don't forget to remove all that makeup so it doesn't sit and clog your facial pores up. Leaving sunscreen on on your arms and legs and such isn't a good idea either.
6. Possibly the tip I recommend the most is this: STAY HYDRATED!!! Drink water--and lots of it! I have a water bottle that I refill 3 times a day. That's around 60 fl oz of water a day--and my skin shows it!  
;)



I hope you can keep your healthy skin these last few days of summer--enjoy, and stay skin-savvy! :)

--Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment