Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Berries: The Miracle Fruit!!

Okay, let's be honest, how many people actually eat their daily recommended amount of fruits and veggies (I would ask you to raise your hands, but we wouldn't want a friend or family member to walk into your computer room to see maniacally waving at your monitor)? Yeah, me neither, I too prefer the 1400 some-odd calorie, frosting covered "Pop-tart"--that is, until I heard about the "miracle fruit" and their true super powers.  Da da da daaa: Berries!!!
 (Sorry--ate up all the berries, had to make
some straw-- and blue-- myself!)
 
For instance, did you know:
  1. Blueberries have the HIGHEST antioxidant capacities of all fruits! In other words, they prevent premature aging!! (Not that I need to worry about that)
  2. Rub them over your face.  All over your face.  They make for a great natural, oil free cleanser.
  3. They help out our memories too! (After I eat strawberries, I spit out random tidbits of info--Ulysses S. Grant was our 18th president--see what I mean?)
  4. Random fact: bananas are berries.  If I just turned your world upside down, I apologize.


So, seriously everybody, get your berry on! It's the perfect snack for summer: they are light and refreshing (especially after this wicked heat wave in the Midwest.  I wish my azaleas could eat berries--they would be dying right now) and, guess what?  THEY ARE MY FAVE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENT! Let's do our part and enjoy the fruits (literally) of Mother Nature--they're out there, so we might as well enjoy them.

--Emma  

1 comment: