Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Music Madness: Milo Greene

Hello again everybody!  Today I'd like to introduce you to a new Alternative band that should be trending: Milo Greene.  I just purchased their album yesterday, and I have to say, I'm impressed--you could call me a "music snob" because I am SO-O-O picky about what I listen to, and for me to say that I'm "impressed" with a new band is kinda a big deal.  


The cover to their debut album:
Milo Greene
Okay, so the cover is, well, interesting (maybe "odd" is the more appropriate term), but it almost exemplifies what their music is about.  To me, I'd only see this colorful guy in a dream (you know, if I'm lucky and don't become certifiably insane), and Milo Greene's music is just that: dreamy.  Like you'd listen to these songs on a purple cloud somewhere in the middle of the watercolor sky as you gaze into the setting sun...  Sorry, lost myself there for a sec, but seriously, this is what happens to you after you hear the music.  This band is great--go on iTunes now, before they gain popularity outside the Alternative community, and their $9.99 album turns into $14.99!!!

And, people, THE BAND. Left to right: Marlana Sheetz, Graham Fink, Andrew Heringer, Robbie Arnett, and Curtis Marrero
The Facts:
  1. The name "Milo Greene" was created as a fictional person, used to endorse the music (and the band) behind the man.
  2. If you like Beach House, Fleetwood Mac, even the Flaming Lips, you'll probably like Milo Greene. (If you don't know who these bands are, this music doctor is prescribing you one healthy dose of "get a clue," which you can take via iTunes and their search bar)
  3. They will be performing at Lollapalooza on August 4th (oh yeah--HAPPY AUGUST 1ST EVERYBODY!) so get some tix and head over there (even if you don't like their music, there will be tons of other bands to get your freak on to--including the Black Keys)
  4. Their site, milogreene.com, reveals that they have 2 official music videos, plus live versions of their songs of their debut album.
  5. Just on the style of their music: it's perfectly Indie, kinda like what you would want to listen to when you're tanning at the beach.  The sound quality totally reminds me of that costal-ish vibe you feel when your feet first hit the sand....
As it happens....
I have a song I'd like to share with you (it is MY personal fave off the album).  Everyone, may I please present to you: "Cutty Love"!!!


***I do not own the rights to this song, band name, or any of the pics above--I'm just telling you all about them! ;)

Until tomorrow!

--Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment